College Admissions Planning
College Admissions Planning (CAP) process is not well known to many of the NRI parents. Getting into college has never been more competitive. With tens of thousands of qualified candidates, every aspect of an application is critical for success.
North South Foundation in partnership with AcceptU (www.acceptu.org) is offering the following targeted college admission workshops. AcceptU founders and team members have been college admission officers in various Ivy League and other prestigious universities.
College Admissions Planning Workshop Schedule:
Don’t miss out these workshops! There will be a late fee of $15 for registrations after the deadline. Two-thirds of your contribution is tax-deductible. This portion is used towards helping poor children going to college in India.
Please register online by selecting "Register for Online Workshop" from the Online Workshop tab on the Parent Functions page.
All inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Admissions Planning Workshop Overview:
From an admissions perspective, a strong academic profile alone is not enough to gain admission into highly selective colleges and universities. Applicants must convey to admissions committees a purposeful commitment to involvement and leadership outside the classroom. In this webinar you and your child will learn:
- Why extracurricular and summer activities matter to admissions officers
- How leadership is evaluated
- Common misconceptions when it comes to extracurricular activities
- Why admissions committees have re-evaluated the term “well-rounded”
Join us as we provide an admissions overview of some of the largest state university systems in the country, including University of California, University of Texas and University of New York, and how both instate and out of state families can best prepare for success in the process. In this webinar you will learn:
- An overview of the application system that state schools use
- What the most important part of the application actually is
- How applications are evaluated by admissions officers
- How to stand out as an out-of-state applicant
While doctors, dentists and other health practitioners have never been in more demand, pre-med programs and combined BS/MD programs remain some of the most competitive in the United States. It is imperative to plan early and strategically in order to realize success. In this webinar, you will learn:
- What admissions officers are looking for in pre-med applicants
- How to engage in meaningful extracurricular activities
- Whether a BS/MD program is the best path for your child
- Ways to differentiate your child from other applicants
With rigorous academics, smaller class sizes and strong residential college experiences, liberal arts & sciences colleges prepare students exceptionally well for graduate school and/or their future careers. While not as often considered by families when building a college list, liberal arts & sciences colleges should be. In this webinar you will learn:
- The benefits of a liberal arts & sciences colleges
- How applying to a liberal arts & sciences college differs from a university
- The importance of demonstrating interest
- Ways that an applicant can stand out in the process
Join former Associate Dean of admissions at Cornell and Princeton, and AcceptU’s co-founder and COO, Stephen Friedfeld, as he provides an inside perspective on the graduate admissions process. In this webinar you will learn:
- How COVID-19 has impacted the graduate school landscape
- Changes to the application process
- How graduate admissions decisions are made
- What you can do to maximize your chances of acceptance
- Presenter: Stephen Friedfeld, email@example.com
Ivy League universities are some of the most prestigious and selective colleges in the country. From exceptional academics and renowned professors to bucolic campuses and endless extracurricular activities, the Ivies are in a class of their own. But who gets in - and why? In this webinar you will learn:
- Case studies of students admitted to Ivies
- Strategies on differentiation at the top universities
- How applying early can be your best shot at acceptance
- Answers to all of your questions about applying to the most selective colleges
Undergraduate business programs are some of the most popular in the country. Whether your child is interested in finance, economics, entrepreneurship, marketing or some other business-related field, there’s just the right program - but there is also increasing competition. In this webinar you will learn:
- The top undergraduate business programs in the U.S.
- Differences between undergraduate and graduate programs
- Extracurricular activities that will have the most impact for students
- What admissions officers are looking for in business applicants