Volunteer coaches are the backbone of NorthSouth online coaching program. Being able to coach young children is an honor! NorthSouth is grateful to the volunteers who provide selfless service to help our children improve their learning skills.
Being a volunteer coach is very demanding, but it can also be very rewarding. While it can feel overwhelming to step into the role of a coach, NorthSouth will help you to be both confident and competent through training, materials and ongoing support. A key attribute of a successful volunteer coach is passion. It is important to make sure the children have fun while learning.
Coaches are drawn from passionate volunteers who want to share their knowledge and expertise. Many volunteers are parents who want to help other children along with their own.
So, whether you're a talented high schooler, a freshly minted graduate, a mid-career professional, or a retiree with years of experience, NorthSouth volunteer coaching program could be just the way to share your knowledge and make impact. As the saying goes, Sharing is Caring. When you share your knowledge, it multiplies.
We are looking for volunteers who can make a long-term commitment to our program. For most classes, we ask for a minimum six-month commitment. You must be able to commit to a fixed time slot on the chosen day of the week of your class for sixteen weeks. However, if you’re passionate about a specific subject, but you cannot commit to the fixed time slot required for conducting classes, please let us know - we can use your expertise in other areas
What you DON'T need:
- You don't need prior teaching experience
What you DO need:
- A To be patient, enthusiastic, dedicated, friendly and encouraging
- desire to always learn and become better as a teacher. Learning is our #1 value
- Passion for the subject
- 3-4 hours a week
- Minimum of six-month commitment. Registered students rely on the coaches
- Basic computer skills
- Familiarity with online web conferencing tools (training will be provided)
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gain new skills and experience
- Qualify for Presidential volunteer service awards
- High school students get volunteer hour certification
- Satisfaction that you have contributed to break down the barriers of poverty by providing scholarships to needy students in India
Please contact email@example.com for any further questions